Gold Shield Accreditations
- FDA (Food and Drug Administration) GS24; GS47
- BPD (European Registration: Biocidal Products Directive)
- EN1276 (European Registration: Bacteriacidal Efficacy GS5, GS24)
- EN1500 (European Registration: Hygenic Hand Rub GS24)
- EN 1650 (European Registration: Bacteriacidal/Fungicidal Efficacy GS5)
- EN 1656 (European Registration: Bacteriacidal Efficacy, Veterinary, GS5, GS24)
- EN 1657 (European Registration: Fungicidal/Yeasticidal, Veterinary, GS5, GS24)
Features and Benefits
Goldshield's anti microbial agents and antiseptic products offer a new generation technology to combat germs, bacteria and even certain viruses.
- Goldshield's surface anti microbial agents (GS5 and G75) are water-stable and available in liquid spray.
- Goldshield's hand sanitizer (GS24) is water-based, alcohol-free, gentle foam.
- Download a complete list of Oganisms that are tested and killed with Gold Shield.
What Makes Gold Shield Different and Unique
Thirty years ago an anti microbial technology was developed that used the organosilane compound 3-(trimethoxysilyl) propyl-dimethyloctadecyl ammonium chloride. However, as good as this compound was, there were these deficiencies:
• It had to be mixed with methanol (sometimes acids) in water to be useful.
• This resultant mixture (often up to 50% methanol or other solvents by concentration) was very TOXIC, FLAMMABLE and UNSTABLE, therefore.
• This resultant mixture was unstable in water which resulted in a larger molecule that could not fully bond to surfaces and thus would “leach,” i.e., became mobile thus losing its effectiveness
• Therefore the above also produced a compound that had to be used relatively quickly after being bottled because it could not be stored for very long therefore was not user-friendly and was costly to use.
Enter Goldshield: the chemistry developed at Emory University in Atlanta was brilliant and unique because it solved all the above deficiencies that had eluded the best chemists in the world for 30 years. Goldshield today is the world’s only patented, water stable, functioning organosilane.
Goldshield's Core Technology
Through a variety of domestic and international regulatory testing protocols Goldshield products have been shown to possess very unique characteristics; they are both bio-static (inhibits) and bio-cidal (kills) a broad spectrum of bacteria, mold, mildew, fungi and even some viruses. This is due to Goldshield’s unique water-stable organosilane molecutlar structure and patented compounds that are composed of three parts:
This is the compound that anchors and triggers the covalent bonding functionality which allows Goldshield 5 and 75 to adhere to surfaces and textiles and remain durable for up to 30 days and for up to 50 subsequent washings. Goldshield’s 5 and 75 resultant durability means Goldshield is not fugitive, i.e., does not leach or become mobile. Goldshield actually becomes part of the surface to which it is applied.
Key: many microbes are negatively charged; therefore, as in nature, the nitrogen molecules in Goldshield “attract” the negatively charged microbes toward them until contact.
Dual Killing Functionality
is a long carbon chain that releases an ionic charge that literally punctures the microbe’s cell membrane upon contact hereby instantly killing the microbe mechanically. At the same time, the quaternary compound component of Goldshield denatures the microbe’s proteins, which assures the microbe’s kill chemically. This Dual killing functionality is unique to Goldshield and very important because a dual kill assures an instant kill on contact, therefore microbes do NOT have time to regenerate into “superbugs”. There are no other water-stable anti microbial chemistries available today that function in this manner.